I've been a part of the games industry for many years currently heading Games Evangelism at Sketchfab. The leading platform to market your games and discover 3D/VR content online. I have an extensive knowledge of community strategy, growth hacking, game art, and the production pipeline. Very keen on current and future industry trends and in my free time I enjoy speaking and teaching when I can.
I've helped lead high profile marketing campaigns and community projects for companies such as The White House, Relic, Starbreeze, Gearbox Software, CNN, Telegraph UK, BBC America, McClatchy Interactive, Wired, Current, Nvidia, IGN, Destructoid, and many more...
Learn more about me on LinkedIn.
What is RAWRsoft?
The name originates from teaching my dog to bark quietly inside. He literally rawr's softly in doors. RAWRsoft itself is basically me and my dog Einstein.
What games influence you?
Damn good question. Firewatch, ABZU, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Fez, Zelda, Earthbound, and a lot of throw back stuff. I try and balance instant gratification with deep grandiose over lurching stories.
What do you use for game development?
I mainly use Windows.
- Razer Blade 2017 (i7, 16GB RAM 512SSD and 1060 DGPU) for all the things.
- Microsoft Kinect 2 for recording mocap for 3D character animations.
- Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 for drawing everything.
- Sennheiser HD 7 DJ Headphones for listening to audio while I work.
- Nintendo Switch for gaming at home and on the go. Love this thing.
- Google Pixel 128GB Phone for all the mobile things.
- Google Daydream Headset for mobile VR loveliness.
- HTC Vive for all the desktop VR loveliness.
- CME Xkey 25-key Mobile Keyboard Controller for capturing midi love.
- CAD U37 USB Condenser Microphone for recording audio.
- Kona K2 Acoustic Electric Dreadnought Cutaway Guitar to play tunes. Still learning.
- Brenthaven Collins Indigo Laptop Backpack to hold all the things and stay stylish.
- Unity and Game Maker Studio 2 are the two game engines I mainly use.
- Visual Studio is what I code in.
- Cakewalk Sonar Platinum is what I use for recording and creating audio for my projects.
- Clip/Manga Studio EX is what I draw with for 2D art.
- Moho Pro is what I animate 2D art with.
- Asesprite is for creating 2D pixel art.
- 3D Coat is for painting 3D models.
- Qubicle is for creating lego-like voxel content.
- Blender and Maya for creating 3D models.
- Substance Painter 2 is for painting textures.
- Camtasia and Snagit is for recording courses and editing videos.
- Github is for checking in code, cataloging talks, and lessons.
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is for streaming to Twitch.